Could a Terminal Server fix some of your biggest IT issues?
Before going into too much detail on what exactly a Terminal Server is we would like to establish if you have any of the following concerns:
- Do you have multiple sites and struggle with fast access to files and applications at your head office?
- Do you find that Sage Accounts runs slowly over the network for reports or even general use?
- Would you prefer to standardize your computer setup so that using one computer is not completely different to the one next to it?
- Are you fed up of constantly upgrading hardware (e.g. Memory) on all your PCs everytime you get an updated software package?
- Does installation & upgrades to individual computers one by one take time and cause more disruption than you would like?
- Would you like to easily lockdown and control how the computers should be used instead of allowing users to do whatever they want?
- Would your business benefit from becoming more green by reducing energy bills (also saving you money)?
These are some of the common reasons why businesses choose to use Windows Terminal Server which allows you to centralise the processing of all applications. You can then gain access to your "virtual desktop" from any compatible device including any modern computer or even a low powered "Thin Client" device which uses approximately 10% of the energy of a normal PC whilst being able to give the same look and feel.
Which reason should you look into purchasing a Terminal Server and talking to us about how we can improve your IT infrastructure?