In its simplest form, a server provides a company with the ability to access a centralised resource or a service within a network. Whether this is a full content management system, email management or somewhere to centrally store files, a server is the best way to accomplish this.
Pyranet have a wealth of knowledge on all forms of server platforms. From a basic single server setup to complex virtualised multi server solutions. We are also able to provide a fully functional cloud or Microsoft Azure solution to suit your requirements no matter how big or small.
As well as hardware, the staff at Pyranet have amassed years of experience with all kinds of software which typically runs from the server. If you have specific software requirements or questions on a piece of software you are considering, the team at Pyranet are able to offer their advice and guidance.
The physical hardware of the server requires careful consideration to ensure it is suitable for the intended application. At Pyranet we understand that the implementation of new server hardware can seem like a confusing minefield of options and jargon. We work closely with all of our partners and suppliers to ensure that we understand the newest of technologies and are able to implement them seamlessly for our clients. Simply put, we take the confusion out of hardware integration.
On the opposite end of the scale, removing part or all of the in-house server hardware infrastructure is something that companies are becoming more and more interested in achieving. With the introduction of Cloud based solutions achieving reduced running and maintenance costs, some businesses are choosing to migrate their server infrastructure away from their premises and into an off-site datacentre. Pyranet have achieved this for many of their clients; minimal downtime and complete management of the project as standard.
Microsoft Exchange Server is a powerful business solution offering simple but complete email, contact and calendar management from a server level. The full list of features included in Exchange can be found on the Microsoft website, here are a few Pyranet find the most useful:
- Centrally stored email solution allowing you to view, reply and delete from any device with an internet connection
- Make a change to your Emails, contacts or calendar and this automatically updates across all of your devices in real-time
- Calendars can be shared with others. They also have the option to suggest amendments, remove and add appointments to others calendars
Microsoft Exchange is also available as a cloud based solution as part of the Microsoft Office 365 package. Details of this are available on our Office 365 page or you can ask one of our team for more information.
Microsoft offer a complex and complete server operating system to suit a range of requirements for most businesses. Pyranet can advise and recommend the platform which best suits your needs taking your software and number of users into consideration. Whether you require an entire in-house solution complete with redundancy and virtualisation or a single server to complement your Cloud solution, Pyranet have the knowledge and experience to ensure the software platform suits your requirements.
To give you an idea of solutions, here are a few of the offerings from Microsoft with their intended use:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials – A platform suited to the smaller business with a maximum of 25 users and 50 devices. The server is designed to integrate with cloud services such as Microsoft Office 365 and is perfect as a central file store and application host.
- Microsoft Server 2012 R2 Standard – As the name suggests, this is Microsoft’s offering which suits the standard requirements of businesses that would like to keep solutions in-house or have a hybrid of both in-house and Cloud services. Scalable, flexible, customisable and secure, Server 2012 R2 is packed full of features to help manage your business management needs.
- Microsoft Server 2012 R2 Datacentre – Designed for companies that require many servers within their business, this platform is ideal for datacentres and enterprise companies.
As Microsoft release new cutting edge server software, the support of previous platforms is discontinued. A recent example of this is for the collection of Windows Server 2003 platforms. If you or your company are still using this software, speak to Pyranet about our ability to seamlessly upgrade to the latest version at a pace to suit your requirements.