Posted on: 24th October 2017
If you read September’s newsletter then you’ll recall the news that we’ve had a new addition to the team. This new member comes in the form of George, our new apprentice who will be joining fellow apprentice Jake on the helpdesk along with the rest of the remote support team.
As standard procedure with all new starters, we of course had to interrogate him with ridiculous questions, to complete the traditional Pyranet welcome (and because we’re just nosey parkers and so are you!)
Before we jump into the questions, we’ll shine a little more light on who George is and what his role is. So, George, tell us a bit about yourself and why you joined Pyranet:
George: “I joined Pyranet a few months ago, having finished at sixth form and wondering where to go from there, I decided an apprenticeship would be the way forward for me. I had an interest in IT and Cyber Security and knew that Pyranet would be the perfect option to help kick start my career. My role as an IT support apprentice involves spending time at college studying theory and then working on the helpdesk with taking calls, logging tickets and fixing basic IT issues.
Okay, and now the fun part… We’ve done a question for every year of George’s 18 years on the planet.
- What film would you change the ending of, and what would you change it to?
I’d probably change the ending of the most recent Harry Potter film, I never liked that Ron and Hermione ended up together, I definitely would have paired them off with separate people.
- If there was an extra hour every day, what would you do with it?
I’d spend an extra hour in bed in the morning! Not only would I feel the benefits of having an extra hour sleep, but I think if everyone had an extra hours sleep we’d all be super productive.
- What did you have for dinner last night?
A random combination of things actually. I nipped into the shops on the way back from work and spotted a few things in the reduced section- so I had macaroni cheese, some chicken breast pieces and a sun dried tomato flatbread.
- What’s your morning routine, step by step?
I wake up to a 6:45 alarm and usually I’ll keep snoozing my alarm up until 7:30. Then I’ll get up, have a shower and make my short journey to the office!
- What scares you about the future?
Probably the uncertainty of it. We don’t know what’s going to happen in the future- anything could happen. Alien invasion, Meteor etc.
- What’s something you have never done but would like to try?
Bungee jumping. Preferably I’d like to do it off the Kawarau Bridge in Queenstown, New Zealand – it’s a popular spot and it looks amazing, I just have to get myself to New Zealand first.
- What was your worst restaurant experience?
Wetherspoons! I don’t think there was any time in particular, but every time I go, there’s always something wrong. Stale burger buns, cold chips, hard veg.
- Would you go to another planet even if it meant that you would never return to earth and eventually die on that planet?
- Netflix or YouTube?
- Would you rather lose all of your money and valuables or all of the pictures you have ever taken?
I’d rather lose all the pictures I’ve ever taken – I care a lot more about my possessions.
- Would you rather live your entire life in a virtual reality where all your wishes are granted or in the real world?
Virtual reality- It would be great to have everything you’ve ever wanted and if I didn’t know there was a real world out there, I wouldn’t even know it wasn’t reality.
- Would you rather be locked in a room that is constantly dark for a week or a room that is constantly bright for a week?
A room that is constantly bright, I’d like to be able to see around the room and know what is in there with me.
- Have you ever received a strange gift? What was it?
Yes I once received an umbrella hat for my birthday from one of Aunties and I don’t think she meant it as a joke present. I haven’t worn it yet.
- Fajitas or Burritos?
- Cheese or chocolate?
Cheese. You cannot replace cheese! I’d just have sweets instead of chocolate.
- What celebrity would you rate as a perfect 10 and why?
Probably Selena Gomez- she’s really attractive, but she’s also talented and intelligent so is a complete all rounder.
- If you had to sum up the human race in 3 words, what would they be?
Intelligent, greedy, curious.
- What would be the best possible scenario for how the world will develop in the next 25 years?
We are rid of many of the diseases the world faces because of advances in medicine and vaccines and we are able to live sustainably without overusing resources.