Purpose of the job
To manage the day to day running of the technical team, ensuring all ticket SLA’s are met and the team are delivering a high standard of customer service. It is expected that you will lead and motivate the team, manage performance, as well as train and support each team member.
Main tasks & accountabilities
Service desk Management
– Oversee the use of the ConnectWise system
– Assign tickets to members of the team
– Schedule jobs
– Ensure SLA’s are met by the team
– Manage escalation tickets and complaints
Training and Development
– Identify training and development needs for team members
– Support team members with their individual training needs
– Implement in house training plans
– Expand your own knowledge and skillset in line with new products and industry standards
– Participate in training opportunities that the company offer, this may be inhouse or with a third party.
– Conduct appraisals twice a year with members of the technical team
– Monitor the performance of the team, ensuring all policies and procedures are being followed, address any performance and conduct issues in a timely manner
– Manage recruitment, holidays and sickness.
– Continually review processes and ways of working within the team to improve efficiency, productivity and customer service.
– Encourage team members to proactively look at ways of improving ways of working within the team.
Skills and Experience
– The ability to motivate and support a team
– Support the business to achieve its long-term goals
– Deliver a high standard of customer service
– You must be able to build a rapport with customers and employees
– Work cross functionally within the business
– A strong technical knowledge and experience dealing with business technical issues
– Good understanding of IT installations and projects including networking, servers, security etc.
Majority of the working week will be office based, there will be occasions when you are required to visit clients onsite for meetings, project work and to support members of your team. You may also be required to travel to one of the other office locations within the group.
Equipment provided to carry out your job includes:
– Company mobile phone
– Report to Joe Burns – Managing Director
– You will be responsible for the technical team within the group